Dear Pet Parents,
South Brunswick Animal Hospital has reviewed multiple health organization recommendations. We are monitoring and taking precautions to protect you and your pets against the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS PET PARENTS SHOULD KNOW:
- According to the CDC, there is currently no known reason to believe that any animals, including pets in the US, can spread COVID-19.
- To date, the CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19.
- As a rule, pet parents should practice good hygiene habits, including washing hands before and after handling pets/food/supplies,
and maintaining a clean environment.
- If you see any changes in your pet’s health condition, contact SBAH
As of March 18th SOUTH BRUNSWICK ANIMAL HOSPITAL new protocols:
- Continuing to maintain our clean and sterile environments while taking additional precautions for the safety of our clients
- Cleaning practices have been increased in high-traffic areas, and multiple hand-sanitizing stations have been installed throughout our hospitals.
- Furniture, counters, floors, door handles, exam rooms, and patient treatment areas are thoroughly (and frequently) disinfected.
- Our staff practices good hygiene by covering coughs and sneezes, not touching their faces, and not coming in close proximity to those feeling “under the weather.”
- Management requires sick team members to stay home to help prevent the spread of illness.
HOW WE ARE IMPLEMENTING “SOCIAL DISTANCING”:
- Upon arrival, clients may call (732) 821-0040 from their vehicle to verbally check-in for their appointment.
- After check-in, clients may wait in their vehicles for their scheduled appointment until our staff is ready to escort them to an exam room.
- After their pet’s appointment with the Doctor, clients will remain in the exam room and given their pet’s prescriptions and discharge instructions, then will be asked to go to the front desk to check out.
- Pet prescriptions and food may be (re)filled over the phone, payment can be made by credit card or check (may be placed in the bin , then the medications will be placed in bins outside or food placed on our porch. We can also mail medications to clients from our office.
- In addition clients could visit the online pharmacy on our website at www.sbahvets.com
- We’ve implemented a strict, hospital-wide “no-handshake” policy.
We know that clients want to communicate with our veterinary staff and we are happy to discuss your concerns by contacting (732) 821-0040. Please know that South Brunswick Animal Hospital is doing all we can to protect you, your pets and our employees.
Sincerely, Dr. Douglas Cotler and Staff at South Brunswick Animal Hospital